We have 2 different sizes for Skip Bin Hire. A 4 and 6 cubic meters Skip Bin. If you only need a 2 or a 3 cubic meter bin we deliver a 4 cubic meter bin that is clearly marked inside according to volume to suit what you need. Be sure to realize our maximum weight limit is 2 tonnes (2000kg) and to read the terms and conditions regarding the weight limit.
ANSWERS TO COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT SKIP BIN HIRE
From our experience we have found that the sizes often required for typical jobs are as follows:
- Bathroom renovation – 3 to 4 cubic meters
- Kitchen renovation – 4 cubic meters
- Moving house (large cleanup) – 4 to 6 cubic meters
- Moving house (small cleanup) – 2 to 3 cubic meters
- Excavation project – multiply length * width * depth to get the volume excavated then multiply again by 1.3 to allow for packing inefficiency. Note: soil tends to weight in order of 1.5 tons per cubic meter. (Read terms and conditions regarding weight limit)
- Demolished brickwork or concrete – multiply length * width * depth to get the volume demolished then multiply again by 1.5 to allow for packing inefficiency. Note: brickwork and concrete tend to weight in order of 1.5 tons per cubic meter. (Read terms and conditions regarding weight limit)
If you are in doubt, it is often cheaper to err on the larger side as this limits the risk of needing a second Skip Bin Hire.
There are other considerations also such as the size of the area where you will put the skip and the width of the trailer relative to your driveway.
Please note, these estimates are a guide only and the customer is responsible for the choice of the most appropriate skips size.
Yes, we are here to help and if we can we will.
Trailaskip does not guarantee delivery times unless specifically prearranged and agreed to. This is because a unit will deliver up to 2 skips in a run. In order to be viable, these must be delivered in a logical sequence to minimize distance. If you know that you will need to use the skip first thing in the morning it is highly recommended that you have it delivered on the prior day.
- You can pay online or over the phone with your choice of credit or debit cards
- EFT payments can be made but Trailaskip must be emailed a copy of the EFT transfer receipt prior to delivery of the skip (for exceptions see below)
- Cheque payments can be received in certain cases by prior arrangement
- Government departments and registered charities can arrange to pay by EFT or cheque after the provision of the service
- Accounts can be set up for approved applicants subject to satisfaction of our standard credit check and agreement to our terms of trade
Please avoid hassles and costs by ensuring the skips are never loaded above the rim.
In no circumstances can a skip be filled above the rim. It is illegal to transport an overfilled skip and drivers are subject to heavy fines and demerit points if caught doing so. If a skip is overfilled you will be given the option to hire an additional skip, or to remove the excess material. All labour costs incurred by you will be your own responsibility.
If there is nobody on site when the collection occurs, the driver will, at his own discretion attempt to remove the excess material and place it in a pile as close as possible to the skip’s location.
In cases where the excess is not removed and the skip remains for extended periods, the customer may become liable for additional charges including rental, labour costs and additional transport costs if it becomes necessary for us to unload the excess.
You as the customer are in possession of the skip and are responsible for what goes in it. Therefore, you will be responsible for any costs arising if anyone puts something in the skip that is not allowed or overloads it.
Asbestos must not be put in any skip rented from Trailaskip.
Asbestos can be found in many materials in houses built up until the late 1980s. If in doubt as to whether or not a material might contain asbestos, please consult an expert before placing it in a skip. Please refer to state government information https://www.asbestossafety.gov.au/asbestos-information.
If asbestos is found in a skip prior to removal from a customer’s property, the skip will not be removed until properly dealt with.
If asbestos is found in the skip after it has been tipped either at landfill or at a transfer station, high decontamination costs and possibly very heavy penalties may be imposed. The customer will be responsible for the payment of all costs immediately.
You can always put a skip within your own property subject to space requirements, but if you need to put the skip on the road or nature strip, different rules apply. See council permits question below. Trailaskip’s trailer offloads a skip from the rear and can get into most locations taking in consideration the trailer is 2.3m wide and 2.1m high.
Municipalities have different rules about placing skips in the public area. Some prohibit placement on either the road or nature strip, others require that either the customer or the skip company obtain a permit at a cost, some maintain a list of approved skip companies who may place a skip on public land. If you need to put the skip outside your property, please call to discuss with one of our consultants.
When you hire a skip bin, you specify the collection date and it will be collected on that date unless you subsequently request otherwise. If a driver finds a skip, substantially empty, he will make attempts to have the customer contacted, but ultimately will have the discretion to remove the skip if he sees fit. If the driver is turned away on arrival, the customer will be responsible for payment of any call out fee incurred for the additional trip.
If the skip cannot be delivered for any reason, other than the fault of Trailaskip, or the driver, the customer will be liable for any callout fees incurred and will be entitled to either a refund of the balance, or for the balance to be credited towards the hire of a different skip.